Relationships are a major part of life. They bring people together for emotional, social, and physical reasons, and they often shape our lives in ways we don’t even realize.
Positive relationships add meaning and stability to our lives, but they can also be hard work. And that’s why it’s important to find ways to keep yours healthy and happy.
The good news is that most relationships are more than capable of lasting long-term when you are committed to it. Here are seven tips to help you make yours last:
1. Always remember that everyone makes mistakes, and that it’s okay to have them.
2. Never be afraid to talk about your feelings, and to disagree with your partner respectfully.
3. Maintain a strong, meaningful emotional connection with your partner.
4. Doing things that you both enjoy will keep your relationship strong and healthy, and it will help you build trust.
5. Don’t let outside factors get in the way of quality time with your partner.
6. Learn to say no and establish a good work-life balance.
7. Find hobbies that you both enjoy so you can spend time together doing things you love.
8. Having a support system is important for your mental health and helps you thrive through life’s ups and downs.
Research has found that people who are in healthy, supportive relationships have lower depressive symptoms than those who are widowed, single, divorced/separated, and in lower-quality marriages. Having a strong support network is critical to our well-being and can help us achieve our goals and dreams.