Greetings & Welcome
Robert Burns Lodge is a Masonic Lodge with over 118 years of History. Chartered in June 12, 1890 when Burns Oregon was still the wild outback of Cattle ranches and timber. Our 1st Worshipful Master was C.A. Sweek. Our Current Master is Scott Shaw.
The original Lodge met in the Odd Fellows Hall. In March of 1894 the Lodge moved to a regular meeting hall rented from P.F. Stenger. In 1910 a new Lodge Hall was constructed at 406 North Broadway. In 1977 a new Lodge Hall was constructed on the hill at 1210 W. Taylor St. just West of the Cemetery.
On October 1, 1997 the Lodge name was changed to Robert Burns to reflect the heritage of our name and pay full tribute to, Robert Burns (1759-1796), A Scottish poet, for which the City of Burns & the Lodge were named
Today, Robert Burns Lodge has a membership of close one hundred members. It meets on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month at 7:00 pm for Stated Meetings. The Lodge is dark in July and August except that, in August we hold our world famous Malheur Cave Event, in the large subterranean, lava tube known as “Malheur Cave”.